Putting in more than 18000 minutes of study preparation is not a guarantee to clear the CFA exam on the very first attempt. Because, apart from the study material, the study techniques you use will play a vital role in your success or failure. Here are 6 important tips to follow too.
- Develop A Good Study Plan – This can be very difficult but it is one of the most important steps in your CFA preparation. Be realistic while develop a study plan. Don’t make your schedule too tight, because it is you who need to stick it and follow it.
- Manage Your Time Wisely – Time is money, so always keep in mind how much time has left until the exam. Remember you have more than 3500 pages to read.
- Get the Best Study Material – Using the best study materials will stand you in good stead. There are a lot of tutorials, study and practice materials for the CFA exams on YouTube and the web – check them out.
- Don’t Underestimate The Exam – It is possible that you have covered almost all the subjects on the syllabus but that doesn’t mean that it’s going to be a cake walk. One common mistake every student makes while going through the readings and thinking is; this is very easy or I already know it.
- Don’t Try To Become An Expert On Every Subject – Focus on the important topics only. You are not expected to become an expert on every subject, so don’t waste your time.
- Practice and More Practice – This is again the most important tip. Practice between readings at the end of each section and on the review period. You should at least make 5 mock tests before the real CFA exam. This will help you to recognize what to expect in the original exam, and how to deal with time sufficiently.