Learning is a process of acquiring and developing skills and knowledge and this involves science too. However, our little ones may not find science as a very interesting subject. So how do we make sure that our kids develop interest in science? Very simple, we need to make it fun science for kids. Here are some tips that can help you in making science interesting.
Tips To Make Science Fun
- Nurture the Curiosity: Children are by nature very curious and you can make use of this curiosity to build up their interest. Curiosity will help them to learn more and new things faster. For instance, if a kid is interested in blocks, then try to get them blocks with scientific formulae to build up their knowledge while playing.
- Use Your Creativity: Kids always look up to their parents for inspiration. So unleash your creative imagination to make sure that your kids can do the same. Try to make interesting science review activities for kids which they can do with interest.
- Show Interest: The learning methodology in kids often resembles that of a parent. If a parent loves watching TV, then a kid will tend to do the same. So, use it to your advantage. Show interest in conducting science experiments and your kid will follow in your footsteps happily.
- Experiment in Kitchen: Kitchen is one of the few places where science just happens. Changing physical properties, mixing up different items to get an end product are just a few. Cook up a recipe with your kid and allow them to experience firsthand how things happen. Broaden their horizons.
- Nurture Observation: Kids are generally very observant. So use this quality of them and help them observe the changes that happen in nature and learn from it. For instance, growth of a plant, parts of a plant are certain things they can learn by simply observing in the garden.