SAT, which is also known as Scholastic Aptitude Test, is commenced by College Board to check each student’s knowledge on subjects and whether they are fit for their college or not. A SAT exam can either make it or break it for you. Hence, all depends on how you study for the exam.
The exam also determines skills like reading, writing, math, critical thinking and analysis. You need to do well in all these parameters to get good grades. SAT exams generally start from junior school, so that your results are out by the time your college admission year comes.
Sometimes, there are second chances given to students who’re unable to perform well in the first round. This way the College Board combines both exams and takes out the best marks to tally. Therefore, it is necessary that a student sits for SAT practice test, which helps them learn the format and clear first round.
There are few steps through which you can get ready for the exam –
- As discussed above, practice for the exam as much as possible. Each time you will see a remarkable improvement, which will build confidence and help you aim for the best competitive schools or colleges.
- Your first score in the practice test will determine your potential and the amount of study required to reach your goal.
- Study hard all the materials that combine a SAT exam. There are many books that can train you well.
- Set a routine for each subject daily, this way you will cover all subjects timely and will also plan your other activities accordingly.
- Practice test helps you understand your caliber and area of improvement. Depending upon the practice, you can judge your real score.
- To check your progress, you should answer the practice test in the same time and pattern as an actual test would have been. Sitting in intervals can be distracting.
- Learn the way that you wish to study, instead of following the methods that your friends or family followed. Everyone has their own style of learning, some learn by writing while other grasp through visuals.
Now is the time to study hard before you lose hope and give up before exam. Don’t just stay committed to books. Practice SAT papers, if possible, to score really good.